Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Emergency Room Trip Cost In Thailand


ER trip Mahasarakham, Thailand
 
I recently visited the ER in Mahasarakham, Thailand for my ear that I thought was infected. I originally had planned to visit the doc upstairs of the hospital who had an actual office. Due to the fact that I can't communicate fully to the Thai's, they sent me to the ER area. It was fine but I just didn't want to pay an arm and a leg. I know how expensive it can get in America, what I am used to. They told me the spot behind my ear (forget the technical name) was infected and my ear in fact was not infected. They prescribed me an antibiotic and made an appointment for the next week in case I needed to come back. They were very helpful and all went well. I was there probably a total of 20 minutes from start to finish. The icing on the cake is perfect. I only paid 106 Baht, which is about 3 dollars with no insurance. 3 dollars for the whole hospital visit plus antibiotics, which I filled right there in the hospital lobby. I am going to be going to get my tooth looked for a loose filling and also an eye exam for my family and I. I will keep you posted on my findings as far as prices and such. Have a great day!
 
 

No comments: