Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rapunzel room update


For those of you who are just starting to read my blog. My husband and I recently bought our first home. It is perfect in every way for our family. The girls each have their own bedroom for when they are older. They share one now because they are so young and want to be in the same room. The other room serves as a toy room. One thing about the house is that the paint job is terrible. I always joke with my husband that the 4 yr old who lived in the house before us painted it. Regardless, we are in the process of repainting the home to make it us. We started with the girls room. After all, it was the biggest eyesore in the house. My four yr old didn't even want to redo the room because it was so ugly. She didn't realize you can transform a room. This is how we did it. We had to figure out a theme. Both of my daughter's like the movie Tangled which is the new Disney Rapunzel movie. We now have a theme. I really got into it, designing every little detail. Everything in the room represents something from the movie. I am really glad we set this theme because we can put modern flair into it, give it some ambiance, and humor all while keeping it geared towards a younger age. The best thing of all is that we kept it Disney and cartoon like without making it gaudy. Our creation is not finished yet. There is still more to be done. I have many more ideas up my sleeve for this amazing space. Enjoy our pics!
This is when you walk into the room. 


Up on the top bunk. The ribbon that hangs the cage is the only touch of Mother Gothel in the room. 

 I want the room to look as if you are in a fantasy world of your own. I even covered the hinges on the doors with the flowers. I guess that's a little imagineering. hehe!

 Tootsabella and Rose picked this out at Home Depot.
 Totally awesome frying pan!!! Picked this up at TJMaxx. A little humor with Pascal!
 All the borders are made to look like Rapunzel's magical glowing hair!
 Lantern's at night. They look way better in person.

 We have to have the magical golden flower. One drop of sunlight...it's what makes it so magical!
 One of the four lithographs I got off Amazon and framed with amazingly cheap typo marked frames from Michaels. Gota love that store....or hate it.
 The only touch of Mother Gothel in the room.
 A little modern and I love it!
 Gotta love Micahel's again.
 Not finished but hey it's lookin fab!!!
 Another one of four lithographs.                        
 Lots and lots of flowers for this room. Outdoors is best.
 Another litho
 Last litho...cracks us all up. Crazy horse!
 Pascal is always there....somewhere.
Top of the dresser. I like the subtle look. 
 Of course we needed some dress forms and yes the girls' lanyards and memorabilia from our last trip to Disney.

 We had to rip that nasty fan outta there!
 The girls wanted to decorate this. They did a good job with a little help from me.
 The door.
The window was the first thing done after painting.
 My favorite pic in the room on canvas.
Tootsabella's window drawing of Rapunzel!! Too cute!!
 Princess sleeping quarters. We haven't bought bedding yet. This is one of those toddler bed sized blankets. We've got throw pillows though.
 Lala Loopsy was Tootsabella and her Daddy's idea. She has a lot of fun with it. She also has a portable dvd player that she can watch before she nods off for the night. Rose is too young to sleep in here yet so when she does Tootsabella will graduate to the top bunk. Plus she has so stop coming into mommy and daddy's bedroom at night. lol
My window drawing attempt at the sun. lol. I can make cakes and crafts and decorate rooms, but I am not an artist. hehe!
Love this room. It's pure cuteness and my favorite room in the house by far. Make sure to check back as I will be adding things I do, to this room. There's many more things I have planned for the room so please check back if you are interested. Thanks so much for taking the time to come here and enjoy my post today! You have the best day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Grandma Bonnie said...

I just love all the changes. It is coming together so nicely.

Siamapieceofcake said...

Thank you!! We have worked so hard on this. I can't wait to finish it.

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

How cute!!

Katie said...

I bet your girls absolutely love the room! Very cute!

Grandma Bonnie said...

I must say it perfect! I love the clue!

Anonymous said...

Hello I love the room and I am working on same theme...where did you find the canvas of rapunzel r eaching for lantern? Thank you

Unknown said...

Where is the canvasnprint from? Email me please thanks so much!

Siamapieceofcake said...

Hello, I have not been on my blog for a very long time and apologize for not responding. I ordered the print from Ebay. The seller's name is madcow.canvas.art. I believe the seller is from the UK because I paid a ton for shipping. The print is beautiful and feel that it is worth it.