Happy mothers day!!!
When I get flowers, I like to keep them looking fresh. Here are some great tips on how to keep long lasting fresh flowers.
- Cut the stems at an angle right before they go into water. The fresh cut angle gives it more space to get the water up the stem.
- Get the flowers to water as soon as possible.
- Remove any leaves below the water line. Leaves suck up water and make the water murky.
- Mix in the flower food. This is essential for lasting life of the flowers.
- Use warm water. Hot or cold may shock or damage the flowers.
- Filtered light is best. Direct sunlight will cause them to die faster.
- Remove wilting blooms. The wilting blooms create more gases than the others which causes the other blooms to wilt faster.
- At about 5-7 days, re-cut the stems and change the water. Bacteria may build up in the water so a change and cut is best.