These cinnamon sugar buttermilk pancakes are delicious! My little taste tester said they were the best she has ever had. Needless to say, she cleared her plate. I know this recipe is a winner! Finally, a successful breakfast made from scratch!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups of sifted flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly whisked
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted and melted
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon, more or less to your liking
- Preheat your griddle to medium/medium low heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour, cinnamon, and sugar. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. Add the butter as you continue to whisk.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients and stir until almost completely combined. The more you stir pancakes, the more flat and tough they will be so please mix until a few streaks of flour are remaining.
- Butter the griddle and scoop 1/3 cup of batter and cook until you see bubbles begin to form. Flip it and cook until golden. Serve immediately with cool whip and sprinkled cinnamon on top