Sunday, April 26, 2015

simple vegetarian recipe


Okay, so I'm not a big meat lover so when my family wants veggies for dinner, I silently cheer! While I like a nice steak here and there, veggies are my thing. Here is a simple super easy recipe. This is good if you are like me with kids in a foreign country who are super picky to cultural food.
All you need is:
sesame oil
soy sauce
veggies of choice
 either white, brown, or jasmine rice
 
*cook the rice separate- you can fry it or leave it plain. My kids liked it plain while us adults like it fried
First, cut the veggies and wash them
Second, fry them in a little sesame oil maybe 2 tbsp. more or less depending on how many veggies
Third, when the veggies are soft and cooked through, add the soy sauce-as much as to your liking
Then cook the veggies as long as you like after adding the soy sauce.
Lastly, lay the veggies on a bed of rice
 
*Some people like the veggies a little browned like us adults while the kids like them cooked a minute or so with the soy sauce. It all depends on you.
Enjoy!
Check out my smiley face when I cut my sweet pepper! So cute
 
 


No comments: